Friday, December 15, 2006

Engagement

I am going to post some pictures here from our weekend in San Francisco. I thought it was just a sweet surprise trip for my birthday, but Greg had some other plans in store for us! He proposed on one knee at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. It was a beautiful night ... the sun was setting and the stars were just beginning to appear.... :) Here are some pictures from the night and that weekend. Enjoy!

San_francisco_009_2



Saturday morning at the Golden Gate Bridge. We walked across halfway - but it was a little hard for Janice to walk in her flip flops so we headed back to the car :)


San_francisco_016_2

We rode this trolley down to Fisherman's Wharf for some Dungeness Crab and to watch the Blue Angels Air Show that afternoon...(see below)San_francisco_022_1



OK - Greg is going to be SO mad that I posted this, but I think he looks so cute in the bib :)

By the way, if I hadn't helped him de-shell that crab we might still be in San Francisco right now. He was SO slow :)

San_francisco_039 This was right when we got to the Palace of Fine Arts - it was a little chilly, but gorgeous. I was a little annoyed that Greg wouldn't let me put his jacket on...not being a gentleman!!! I found out later that my ring was in there so I couldn't borrow his coat!

San_francisco_046_3



Greg proposed right in the spot where I am standing.. . With a view of the lagoon and the palace domes behind us. It was absolutely beautiful! He was definitely nervous but such a sweetheart. He got down on one knee even though it was muddy where we were standing :) I was so excited I just gave him a huge hug and he had to remind me that I hadn't said "yes" yet! How could I have said no!? It was perfect.

We celebrated that night at dinner and at the top of our hotel with some champagne...The next day we celebrated some more with a day trip to Napa Valley and the Mondavi Winery. It was a perfect end to our fabulous weekend!

San_francisco_065San_francisco_060_1San_francisco_071

No comments: